When: Dec 3,4,5th (Fri, Sat, Sun)
When: 3pm to 8pm each day
Here's what happens there:
- CReche exhibit: the entire gym is set up with beautiful lights/tree decorations and tons of decroated tables to display the hundreds of "borrowed" nativity scenes from all over the world.
- An art room is also set up displaying art depicting scenes of Christ or his birth
- A children's room is set up with a place for kids to make a nativity craft and a huge manger where people of all ages can dress up and get their picture taken for free.
- MUSIC: Live music is played by groups from all over the community every day, and on Saturday night there is a special community concert featuring a few larger choirs that combine at the end to sing "O Holy Night" and the Hallelujah Chorus. The stake choir practices twice in preparation for singing on that Saturday night in the community concert as well as Sunday night before the Christmas broadcast.
- It's important that every member of the stake personally invite friends and neighbors to come enjoy the spirit of the event. There is no missionary proselyting there- just invitations made by stake members.
Sunday November 13th 6pm
Sunday November 20th 6pm
WARM UP Saturday Dec. 3rd at 6pm
PERFORM Saturday Dec. 3rd at 7pm
PERFORM Sunday Dec. 4th at 6pm (Christmas broadcast begins at 7pm)
Please take a look at the following music BEFORE the practices so that
we will have more time to go over their neat effects rather than going over notes
(but don't be scared- we do have to go over notes sometimes too!)
- Hymn 205 "Once in Royal David's City"
- The Hallelujah Chorus (Download) (And if you have the book version, bring it!)
- O Holy Night (Download)
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night (Download)
- The First Noel (is available at the stake center in the binders only)